Unable to install on Windows
If you can't download and start the installer on Windows 10, try these steps. Because these are for Windows 10 they may vary slightly on other versions.
Temporarily disable background applications. You can use the steps in this
article to do this.
- Make sure you have read/write access to the selected install path.
- Navigate to your selected install location.
Right-click the installation folder and click Properties.
Click the Security tab.
- Click on your username in the Group or user names box.
Verify that there is a check under Allow beside both Read and Write in the Permissions box.
- Make sure your Windows is up-to-date.
- Click Start.
Type Windows Update and press Enter.
Click on Check for Updates.
- Install any updates.
- Make sure your computer has the most recent graphics drivers.
- If your graphics card is manufactured by Nvidia, you can search for the latest drivers here.
- If your graphics card is manufactured by AMD, you can search for the latest drivers here.
Epic Games Launcher is unable to reinstall due to an previous installation
If you receive this error message you can fix this by running this tool here from Microsoft. Once you run the troubleshooter, try installing the Epic Games Launcher again.
Epic Games Launcher Installation Fails or is Corrupted
If you can't install or access games in the Epic Games Launcher, your antivirus program might be interfering. We have confirmed that one such antivirus program is 360 Total Security, but others may also be affected.
The steps below work when using 360 Total Security and may also help with other antivirus programs:
Temporarily disable your antivirus software.
Run the Epic Games launcher installer.
After you successfully install the Epic Games launcher, re-enable your antivirus software.