Fortnite Creative v20.40 Update: Racetracks, Clouds + more!
We've made performance improvements to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles running in 60 FPS that reduces input latency for players who select the “Low Input Latency Mode” in the settings (Settings > Game > Extra Game Options). Low Input Latency has been enabled by default.
In case you missed it - V-Bucks purchased on PlayStation join the Fortnite Shared wallet! V-Bucks purchased on PlayStation may now be used across platforms that support Fortnite Shared Wallet (PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Android, and cloud gaming services).
For more information check out the V-Bucks Purchased on PlayStation Join Fortnite Shared Wallet blog.
New: Racetrack Gallery, Cloud Prop, and More!
Race fans get ready to make your dream track, as the v20.40 updates add 11 new galleries! Within the galleries, they feature 9 Racetrack Galleries featuring straightaways, turns, and guard rail props.
While checking out the new race track galleries make sure to take some cover in the shade with the Cloud Prop! Previously, creators would need to use snow and other props to create a cloud. We’ve taken the feedback and now you can place nice fluffy clouds to add to any map! Primitives Shapes Gallery B featuring 16 new materials for creations have arrived for your use. The only limit with these is your imagination.
Update: Promotion of Islands with XP enabled
In order to maintain a fair and consistent experience as part of our Discover experience, we're updating our policy on the in-game promotion of Islands with XP enabled. Mentioning XP in images, trailers, and the Island description can be misleading and will be disallowed; however, using the XP tag is still completely fine!
For new or updated Islands, please ensure your Island assets correctly reflect the experience your map provides.
Note: The policy blog has not yet been updated to reflect this change.
Other Updates and changes
- You can now turn on/off sliding on a per team/class basis.
- New options have been added that allow creators to change how Overshield and Sprinting function.
These can be accessed by setting “Overshield: More Options” and “Sprinting: More Options” to SHOW. These changes are in the Class Designer and Team Settings and Inventory Devices. Users can also use the My Island Game tab settings to set the Overshield and Sprinting options.
- New media has been added to the Video Player. You will now have the option to use the “Party Royale Mix” in the Video Player in addition to the six available music videos created by xDogged.
Prefab & Gallery Fixes
- Fixed collision issues with the giant rock base in the Spire Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with the barrier prop, from Chonker’s Speedway Prop Gallery, from not having a bottom texture.
- Fixed an issue with IO Blimp and The Fortress assets getting destroyed from players' building.
- Fixed an issue with the IO Blimp Archway from not having a side base texture.
- The Mounted Anti-Vehicle Turret is now the Heavy Turret and the Mounted Artillery Cannon is now the Siege Cannon.
- Fixed an issue where the Tracker wouldn’t update properly for all teams when multiple teams were able to instigate
- Fixed an issue where trackers would disappear after a player leaves the game
- Fixed an issue where sometimes when ending a game while a prop mover was in motion the prop wouldn’t be placed back in its original position
- Fixed an issue where the prop mover couldn’t move lava tiles
- Fixed an issue where players would lose all functionality when joining a match in progress where they spawned into a damage volume that was set to only eliminate a different team
- Fixed an issue where using conditional buttons with high resource requirements would cause a server crash
- Fixed an issue where that caused the enable/disable settings for the elimination manager to not function
- Fixed an issue that causes fire volumes to be visible when joining games in progress
- Fixed an issue where selecting a color on the SkyDome device would cause a soft crash
- Fixed an issue that cause the character animation to break when entering an occupied vehicle using a button
- Fixed an issue that prevent the flashlight to not turn on and produce light
- Fixed an issue where some items were missing tags or using the incorrect tag in the creative inventory