Network Connectivity Troubleshooting
Network connectivity issues can manifest in many different ways. If you suspect that you may have a connectivity issue, please try all of the following steps:
- Make sure you are using a Broadband internet connection.
- The FCC defines a Broadband connection as 25 Mbps download/3 Mbps upload.
- Make sure you are not behind a proxy and do not have epicgames.com filtered.
- If you are behind a proxy, add an exception for epicgames.com (or ask your IT department to do so).
- Ensure that ports 80, 443 (https), and 5222 are unblocked.
- On Windows, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Control Panel> System and Security> Windows Firewall.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- On the left, click Inbound Rules.
- On the right, click New Rule...
- Click Port.
- Click Next.
- In the text box beside Specific local ports, enter ”5222, 443, 80” then click Next three more times.
- In the Name box, enter UE4, then click Finish.
- On macOS, you can see which ports are open using these steps.
- Try switching your DNS Server (OpenDNS or GoogleDNS)
- Try rebooting your router and modem.
- Try temporarily disabling your firewall and antivirus software, as some security software causes conflicts with our products.