Using Dependency Walker
To generate logs for Fortnite using Dependency Walker, do the following.
- Download Dependency Walker 2.2 x64 from here.
- Extract depends22_x64.zip to C:\DWalker.
- Open a command window as administrator.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type cmd in the search box.
- Right click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Enter the following command to switch to the folder we extracted Dependency Walker to:
- cd C:\DWalker
- Enter the following command to have the tool generate logs while running Fortnite:
- depends.exe /c /f:1 /pb /pp:1 /pg:1 /ot:Log.txt "c:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping"
- Note: this step assumes that you have installed the game in the default location. If you have installed it elsewhere, you may need to update the file path accordingly.
- This will run Fortnite. If you see an error message, click OK to dismiss it.
- You should now have a Log.txt file in the C:\DWalker folder.
Sometimes, we won't be able to determine the source of the issue using Dependency Walker. Procmon is another tool that can be used to discover the cause. To generate a Procmon log, complete the following steps:
- Download Procmon here.
- Open the zip file you download and move the Procmon.exe to somewhere on your machine.
- Right click on that executable and select Run as administrator.
- When the application launches, go to the menu bar at the top and select Filter > Filter... from the menu that pops up.
- In the window that opens select the top left drop-down and change it to Process Name.
- Change the drop-down directly to the left of that one to is.
- In the text box to the right of that enter FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe.
- Click the Add button.
- Click OK.
- Try to launch the game.
- Go to the top left menu and select File > Save...
- A Save To File dialog will appear. The default settings should be correct. They should be Events displayed using current filter and a format of native process monitor format.
- Check the file location and press Ok.
- Find that file on your PC and send it to the Player Support team (You may have to zip the file up).