Connecting your PlayStation Network (PSN) account to your Epic account will allow you to access cross-play features where they are available and to create a link to your profile page on third party sites.
There are two separate sets of steps below, depending on whether or not you've played Fortnite on your PS4. If you haven't yet played Fortnite on your PS4, the process of connecting is quite straightforward. However, if you have played on PS4 before, there are a few things you should consider. If you elect not to connect or create an Epic account the first time you play on PS4, a "nameless" Epic account is created for you so that we have a place to store your Fortnite progress. All of your progress lives on this "nameless" account, NOT your PSN account. The steps below will allow you to promote the "nameless" account to a full-fledged Epic account. Once you've done that, you can disconnect your PSN account and connect it to a different Epic account if you so choose, but you will no longer be able to access your existing progress on PS4.
To connect your PSN account to your Epic account, please refer to the below processes.
If you have not yet played Fortnite on PlayStation 4:
- Click the silhouette icon in the upper right corner of the Epic website to to open the sign-in screen.
- Sign in with your Epic account credentials.
- Hover over your display name beside the silhouette icon and select ACCOUNT.
- Click CONNECTED ACCOUNTS.
- Click CONNECT under PLAYSTATION NETWORK.
- When prompted, sign into your PSN account.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to connect your Epic and PSN accounts. Click Continue.
If you have played Fortnite on PlayStation 4 already:
- In the upper right corner of the Epic website, click the silhouette icon to to open the sign-in screen.
- Click the PlayStation icon on the sign-in screen.
- A Sony sign-in page will open in a new window. Sign into your PSN account.
- When prompted, register with Epic by adding an email address and display name to your Epic account.
- Note: You will need to register with an email address and display name that is not already in use on an existing Epic account.