Connecting your Xbox Live account to your Epic account will allow you to access cross-play features where they are available and to create a link to your profile page on third party sites.
There are two separate sets of steps below, depending on whether or not you've played Fortnite on your Xbox One. If you haven't yet played Fortnite on your Xbox One, the process of connecting is quite straightforward. However, if you have played on Xbox One before, there are a few things you should consider. If you elect not to connect or create an Epic account the first time you play on Xbox One, a "nameless" Epic account is created for you so that we have a place to store your Fortnite progress. All of your progress lives on this "nameless" account, NOT your Xbox Live account. The steps below will allow you to promote the "nameless" account to a full-fledged Epic account. Once you've done that, you can disconnect your Xbox Live account and connect it to a different Epic account if you so choose, but you will no longer be able to access your existing progress on Xbox One.
To connect your Xbox Live account to your Epic account, please refer to the below processes.
If you have not yet played Fortnite on Xbox One:
- Click the silhouette icon in the upper right corner of the Epic website to to open the sign-in screen.
- Sign in with your Epic account credentials.
- Hover over your display name beside the silhouette icon and select ACCOUNT.
- Click CONNECTED ACCOUNTS.
- Click CONNECT under XBOX.
- When prompted, sign into your Xbox Live account.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to connect your Epic and Xbox Live accounts. Click Continue.
If you have played Fortnite on Xbox One already:
- In the upper right corner of the Epic website, click the silhouette icon to to open the sign-in screen.
- Click the Xbox icon on the sign-in screen.
- An Xbox Live sign-in page will open in a new window. Sign into your Xbox Live account.
- When prompted, register with Epic by adding an email address and display name to your Epic account.
- Note: You will need to register with an email address and display name that is not already in use on an existing Epic account.