How do I run a DirectX Diagnostic?
To run a DirectX Diagnostic, please do the following:
Please note that these instructions are for Windows. If you are using a Mac, you can use this Apple support document to access a file that is roughly equivalent to a DirectX diagnostic, your System Information. Please provide us with a screenshot of this information.
- Click the Start button. (By default, this button will be in the lower left corner of your screen and will either be labeled "Start" or look like the Windows logo.)
- In the search bar, enter Run.
- In the pop-up window, enter dxdiag and press Enter.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will load. There might be a pop-up window asking about digital driver signing; click the appropriate answer for your machine.
- Click Save all information, then Save as.
- Click on Save (the file should be saved to your desktop as dxdiag.txt).
- Exit the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.